26 May, 2013

Solid Gold- Retail moments that make your head spin...

Any business that requires a person to offer assistance to the general public, also requires a substantial quantity of patience! Regardless of if you're offering  McMunchies or a refined shopping experience, there are always a few challenging individuals available to test your mettle. During high traffic periods like holiday weekends... I find my character and patience tested. Sometimes I pass the tests, sometimes I fail...
Customer: Do people actually buy these baggy pants? (Female 40-something, holds up a pair...)
Me: Yes, they do.
Customer: I can't believe that! People can't even walk in them!
Me: They're comfortable and very cute on the right figure.
Customer: No! They're so ugly, I hate them! They look stupid on everyone! I saw Justin Bieber wearing them on TV. He looked like an idiot. I'd never wear them! Nobody should!
Me, once she's outta earshot: Thank you for sharing your unsolicited fashion critique with us Mrs. Blackwell... I hope you'll be leaving...Now!  (Richard Blackwell was an American fashion critic)

...............................................................................................................

Customer: Are you telling me that sweater is $239.00?  (Male 50-something)
Me: Which sweater are you referring to?
Customer: The one over there. (points to other 'half' of the store)
Me: I'm not exactly sure which one you're asking about... However, it may be one of several handmade specialty pieces we sell. Handmade workmanship takes many hours to make.
Customer: My lord and savior wouldn't be happy if I spent my money on something like that.
Me: My Lord and Savior loves quality, and hates sweatshops. Buying cheap  clothes doesn't make you a better steward of money. 
Customers Wife: That's true.
Then... Silence.


.........................................................................................................................
Customer: Is this Hop Sing's? (Female 50-something...)
Me: Yes, can I help you?
Customer: It don't look like yur from China. ( leaves store)
Me: Wow!
...........................................................................................................


And how was your day?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back
    in the future. I want to encourage that you continue your great work, have a nice afternoon!


    Here is my page Going Here

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments only, please. That means you, "Anonymous"! :)